How do I apply to Maritzburg College?
Please ensure that you apply to more than one high school as there is a limit to the number of boys we are able to accommodate in the boarding establishment and in the classrooms.
- Applications for Grade 8 open at the start of the Grade 6 year, and close at the end of February of the Grade 7 year. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we prefer applications to be submitted in the Grade 6 year.
- Applications for Grade 9 – 12 may be made at any time during the year, but as the school is full at the start of each year, we will only be able to accept new boys if somebody leaves Maritzburg College.
In order for your son to apply to Maritzburg College and to be considered, please download and complete the relevant application form for the year of entry and return it to the school with:
- an unabridged copy of your son’s birth certificate
- a passport size photo of your son
- a copy of his Grade 6 December report (If you are applying for Grades 9-12, we require a copy of the previous year’s December report together with his latest report for the current year)
- a copy of your son’s Clinic Card (proof of vaccination)
- a copy of both parents’ ID documents
- a copy of the most recent Utility bill
Time left for 2020 applications
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATION FORMS FOR 2021 ARE CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED AND ARE NOT YET AVAILABLE.
Once the application form has been downloaded and completed, and all supporting documentation gathered, please hand deliver your application to the school, OR post to:
The Admissions Secretary – Maritzburg College
PO Box 398
Letters acknowledging receipt of applications will be posted, and these will also provide further details regarding the admissions process. No application fee is payable. However, an acceptance deposit will be payable if your son is accepted.