THEME OF THE WEEK – DETERMINATION
I can do all things through him who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13.
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. – 2 Timothy 4:7.
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. – Jeremiah 29: 11
“I believe success is achieved by ordinary people with extraordinary determination” – Zig Ziglar
What is Determination?
Determination is a positive emotional feeling that involves persevering towards a difficult goal in spite of obstacles. Determination occurs prior to attaining a goal and serves to motivate behaviour that will help achieve that goal
Determination is never giving up, no matter what! A determined person decides to do something, and then does it!
What are the benefits of determination?
- Determination Is Transformative. Your innate talents may create opportunities, but you have to put in the real work to make those opportunities a reality. …
- Determination Keeps You Moving Forward. Determination is about staying focused on a goal. ..
- Determination Overcomes Failure.
Further discussion will occur in the mentor period this week
EASTER WEEKEND SPORTS ACTIVITIES:
- College hosted an U11 and U 13 rugby festival which was a great success. Thank you to Mr Du Plessis and his team for all their efforts
- Our rugby, hockey and tennis 1st team took part in the St Stithians Sports Festival
- Our 1st XI hockey had a successful festival beating St Albans 5-1, St Andrews 2-1, St Benedicts 2-1 , drawing with Parel Vallei 1all and losing narrowly to St Stithians 2-1 Well done!
- Our 1st XV rugby played three games; they lost by 1 point to Michaelhouse and also lost to Bishops, but bounced back showing incredible determination in beating Grey High after being 24-12 down at half- time and winning 36-24.
- Our 1st Tennis team attend the Saints festival for the first time and whilst they struggled they learnt a lot from the experience of playing top teams from around the country.
- Congratulations also to the 1st Soccer XI on their 2-1 win over Alex last week
Details of the full sport results are here
Congratulations also to all those boys who put their hand up to perform at the night of a 1000 Stars. Once again I am amazed by the talent we have within our midst. Big thanks to Mrs Thaver and her team as well
Wishing you all a very good week.
Pro Aris et Focis
CL Luman (Headmaster)